Only members of 100+ Guys Who Give Tucson are eligible to nominate a charity. Nominations must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the next quarterly meeting and be approved.
Must have a substantial local presence, execute their mission statement, and provide programs and services in the Tucson metropolitan area. Guide Star and Charity Navigator are helpful websites to verify information on charities.
Must have 501(c)(3) status for a minimum of two (2) years, be active and in good standing with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
Charities must have two (2) years of 990 tax returns on file and be willing to share that information with us if not readily available on their website or GuideStar. In the case of smaller non-profits (annual gross receipts up to $50,000) who file an e-Postcard (Form 990-N), those organizations must be willing to share two (2) years of year-end financial statements with us.
Charitable organizations must be able to provide charitable tax receipts for donations.
National or international charities, programs, or organizations will not be considered at this time as the focus is on contributing to our local community. Organizations with a national link may be nominated, provided the request is for a project to be delivered in the Tucson metropolitan area. Funds received from 100+ Guys Who Give Tucson must stay in our community.
We will NOT consider 501(c)(3) charities that are:
- Churches or faith communities
- Religious organizations (whose main purpose is to study or advance religion, or promote specific religious practices)
- Closed to the general public, requiring memberships in order to be receive help
- Focused on providing scholarships
Our Charity Selection Team will determine if a charity has a solid foundation based on the information provided.
Members of 100+ Guys Who Give Tucson may only have one (1) charitable organization nominated at a time. If two (2) members submit the same charity for consideration, the member submitting the charity first will have that charity on record and have the opportunity to present on behalf of that organization.
If multiple members submit the same charity for consideration, they will have two (2) options: 1) Nominate a different charity or 2) Acknowledge that the member submitting the charity first will have the opportunity to present on behalf of that organization. If that member is not present at a meeting and the charity is drawn, additional members attached to the charity will have the opportunity to present.
- Congrats to Tucson Youth Football and Spirit Federation who was the recipient of the November BIG GIVE!
- Please join Grapevine before the next BIG GIVE. Thanks to our members for paying upfront so we could give $4,400 on the spot at our last GIVE!
- Want to be added to our email list? Either join here or sign up at the bottom of this page. Also follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
16 February 2022, BIG GIVE - Brother John’s Beer Bourbon BBQ, 5:30pm